I am still working on getting Boats Animator into a fully useful state. So far the following features have been implemented:
- Frame capturing
- Frame sequencing
- Undo last frame captured
- Preview captured frames (with the option to loop the preview and select playback frame rate)
- Onion skinning
- Download last frame captured
However there is still a lot of work to do. The capture preview feature works but is certainly not in its final form and I am not happy with how the download last frame feature works.
In addition 3 other major features that need to be added before any kind of public release are:
- The ability to select a video source in a native interface (rather than that of the browser)
- The ability to select video resolution
- The ability to export the frames captured as a video file.
I have no doubt that it will take me some time to figure out how to implement these features. Also I’ve attached a screenshot of the program just to prove I am actually working on something!
Hopefully I can keep you informed about Boats Animator’s development a bit more frequently from now on…
- Charlie Lee
- Boats Animator